Standard tank water heaters are capable of holding gallons of hot water. The water heater maintains a specific temperature and releases it when you or your family members request it by adjusting the faucet lever. You know that moment you step into a nice hot shower? All of that hot water comes from your hot water tank.
There’s something new on the market that is captivating the attention of homeowners nationwide. It is referred to as a tankless water heater. This new invention allows water to become heated on demand as it flows through the pipes. Hearing this exciting news might already have you convinced that you need one. But wait, it’s not always suitable for every home. Before you decide to run out and get a tankless water heater, consider the following pros and cons.
- Tankless water heaters are more efficient compared to standard models.
- They are energy savers since the tankless water heater doesn’t have to keep heating water throughout the day.
- It saves you money on your utility bill.
- Long lifespan lasting up to 20 years when properly cared for.
- Takes up less space in your home.
- Boosts the value of your home.
- The initial cost of the tankless water heater is higher than the standard model.
- The installation process for a tankless water heater can cost more than the standard model.
- Tankless water heater installation is a difficult job and is not recommended to be a DIY project. This means if you enjoy working on projects like this one on your own, you will be forced to have an added installation cost.
- The hot water takes a few seconds longer to reach the faucet for use compared to the standard model.
Big Families and Rush Hour Traffic
If you have a big family you probably spend weekday mornings taking turns showering and getting ready for the day. Standard water heaters are known to take care of the entire family without signs of the water cooling down. The tankless models available today might not be able to produce the same amount of hot water for long periods of time. This is an important factor for many families. Speak to a professional regarding this issue and if a tankless water heater is right for your household before making your purchase.
In the future, most homes are going to upgrade to a tankless water heater. They already add value to your home now. However, at this point, you need to decide if the option is right for you. Think of the pros and cons to see if this type of water heater is best suited for your situation. Keep in mind it an expensive investment to purchase. However, it will also save you money in the long run. Contact Mokher Plumbing to learn more about tankless water heaters and if it’s the right thing for you today!
Since 1968, Chip Mokher & his team has provided South Florida with quality service with a commitment to our customers’ satisfaction. Our many years of experience has allowed us to serve thousands of homes and businesses in Miami-Dade County. We welcome the opportunity to serve you, please call us at 305-446-8266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org