Homeowners that encounter plumbing problems often become overwhelmed with the situation. Small common issues are easy to fix with a quick DIY project or a quick call to the plumber. However, more serious issues can lead to extensive repairs and damage to your home. Some homeowners might put off fixing a small leak until it becomes a big problem. Below is a list of plumbing problems homeowners shouldn’t ignore.
- Faulty Garbage Disposal – Not using your garbage disposal for a few days until you can fix it might sound like a good idea. But as the days go forward you will notice smelly odors and a blocked drain. Bacteria can quickly grow on food particles and could cause harm to your health if inhaled.
- Expired Hot Water Heater – Hot water heaters often have an expiration date. It is recommended that you get it replaced before time runs out. Otherwise, you and your family will be forced to endure cold showers until the old or damaged hot water heater has been replaced.
- Constant Running Toilet – The noise you hear when you enter the bathroom that sounds like water constantly running could grow into a larger problem. This is usually caused by a damaged or broken chain, float or valve. Sometimes it could be the result of something more serious that only a plumber is able to verify.
- Leaky Water Heater – At first you might not notice a leaky water heater since it is often hidden behind a closet door. It is recommended to check the condition of your water heater on a regular basis to assure it is not leaking. This is especially recommended for water heaters more than five years old. Check the components, sides, floor and surrounding area for water leaks and damage. A small leak today can turn into a large flood in a few weeks.
- Dripping Faucets – Your bathroom or kitchen faucets might have an annoying dripping sound that drives you crazy. This problem is often repairable with a DIY project. However, in some cases when homeowners have neglected to fix the issue it has grown into a larger problem, including an expensive water bill.
Keep in mind small plumbing issues often become larger problems down the road. It is best to repair or replace items throughout your home at the first sign of problems. It will save you money and time in the long run. Ignoring plumbing issues does not only lead to expensive repairs, it also can damage other areas of your home. Take action today and call a plumber to fix the issues in your home today!
Since 1968, Chip Mokher & his team has provided South Florida with quality service with a commitment to our customers’ satisfaction. Our many years of experience has allowed us to serve thousands of homes and businesses in Miami-Dade County. We welcome the opportunity to serve you, please call us at 305-446-8266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org