Your dishwasher is one of the most used appliances in your home. Some households run the dishwasher once or twice a day. It tackles stuck on food and rinses your dishes clean. This appliance is usually durable and long lasting. However, if your dishwasher is more than a few years old you need to look for signs it might need replacing. If your dishwasher is showing the following signs you need to consider repair or replacement.
- Dishes don’t feel hot – Hot water is essential to cleaning and disinfecting your dishes. If your dishes don’t feel hot to the touch after the dishwasher cycle is complete there could be a problem with the heating coil.
- Visible rust – If you see rust on the inside or outside of the dishwasher you need to consider purchasing a new one. Tiny rust particles can stick to your dishes during a washing cycle. This can cause you to consume rust every time you eat off the dishes.
- Poor drainage – If you notice a pool of water collecting at the bottom of the dishwasher after the cycle is complete, it could be a sign of an issue with the drain. This is something that a professional plumber needs to investigate before the issue gets worse.
- The door doesn’t latch properly – A dishwasher won’t work unless the door is latched tightly. If the door of your dishwasher has a difficult time closing or it won’t close at all, this is a sign the seal could be damaged.
- Water leak – If your dishwasher is leaking onto the kitchen floor it could be due to the air gap in the drain line. Usually, a gap of air in the dishwasher line prevents dirty water from entering the dishwasher. If the gap leaks, it is due to a blockage in the tube. Fixing this issue requires the assistance of a professional plumber but usually, replacement of the dishwasher isn’t necessary unless other issues are present.
A common issue that goes unmentioned is a burning smell when the dishwasher is in use. If you ever smell something burning turn off the dishwasher, unplug it and contact a plumber immediately. An electrical burning smell combined with water is a dangerous combination that could lead to electrocution.
If you aren’t sure whether you need a new dishwasher or not, contact us today for further assistance. Our friendly and professional staff are waiting to help you.
Since 1968, Chip Mokher & his team has provided South Florida with quality service with a commitment to our customers’ satisfaction. Our many years of experience has allowed us to serve thousands of homes and businesses in Miami-Dade County. We welcome the opportunity to serve you, please call us at 305-446-8266 or email us at email@example.com