Summer is almost here! This is the perfect time of year to check the plumbing in your house. Some homeowners don’t pay attention to the plumbing until something goes wrong. You can prevent a lot of issues from arising and ruining your summer vacation by following the plumbing maintenance checklist below.
- Protect the Drains with Filters – Common items that back up your tubs and sinks are hair, soap buildup and other debris. Place a removable filter in each drain located in your house. You can purchase these affordable drain screens online or at your local home repair store. Clean them once per week or more to assure they work properly. Following this tip will help prevent your pipes from getting clogged and leading to expensive repairs.
- Inspect Faucets for Leaks – A drippy faucet might seem like it’s just a nuisance. But it’s much more than that! It can become expensive and hike your water bill up to numbers you never want to see on your bill again. Leaky faucets are generally easy and quick to fix. You can repair it yourself as a DIY project or you can contact a plumber for assistance. The most important thing is to make sure you stop the faucet from leaking immediately.
- Check for Leaky Toilets – Does your toilet run constantly. This is a sign of an expensive leak. Usually this type of leak is easy to fix with a few parts from the hardware store. You can even purchase the parts online and have them shipped to your home. If you aren’t familiar with DIY plumbing projects you should contact a plumber immediately. This type of leak can waste gallons of water and cause your water bill to rise rapidly.
- Pool Maintenance – Homeowners that have a pool should inspect the equipment and look for leaks. Any sign of dripping or leaking water needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Clean the Shower Heads – This task is most likely part of your cleaning routine already. But, if you have been neglecting your shower heads, it’s time to get started. You will be surprised to learn that mineral deposits can clog shower heads and lead to low water pressure. An easy cleaning tip involves removing the shower head and soak it in a bucket of white vinegar for several hours, preferably while you are at work or sleeping.
Summer is one of the most popular times of the year for vacations. The last thing you want to do is cut your vacation short to rush home and take care of an emergency plumbing issue. Get your home ready today by following the suggestions above. If you need assistance with any plumbing issues contact a plumber today for an appointment.
Since 1968, Chip Mokher & his team has provided South Florida with quality service with a commitment to our customers’ satisfaction. Our many years of experience has allowed us to serve thousands of homes and businesses in Miami-Dade County. We welcome the opportunity to serve you, please call us at 305-446-8266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org