You did it! You decided to remodel your bathroom. Homeowner’s often struggling with the decision to invest money in a bathroom remodel, but most realize it will benefit their family as well as their property value. Homeowners often focus on the design, color theme, and new fixtures, but they avoid making improvements to the plumbing. Chances are the remodel job is going to open a few walls and expose plumbing during construction. You should take this chance to contact a plumber to see if any repairs or replacements are necessary. The following are benefits of a bathroom remodel.
- New pipes – Rusted pipes are often discovered during a bathroom renovation. Replacing the old pipes with new ones prevents leaks and water damage.
- Clean water – Rusted pipes often cause water to have an orange tint and expose you to tiny rust particles. You can be showering and be brushing your teeth with rust contaminated water and not realize it.
- Mold and bacteria removal – Sometimes water leaks can go undetected and cause damage to your home. In addition to water damage, mold and bacteria can grow behind the wall where you can’t see it, but it could still affect your air quality and health. Removal of mold and bacteria is essential to creating a healthy environment.
- Discover other issues – A bathroom remodel might be the first time your plumbing has been exposed since you purchased your home. Allowing a plumber to inspect the pipes and alert you of any future issues that could arise can save you money.
- Protects your investment – There possibly can be serious plumbing issues going on behind the scenes that you aren’t aware of. These issues can cause serious damage to your property such as damaged walls, ceilings, floors, baseboards and more. Fixing any issues before they arise can protect your investment and property value.
Fixing the plumbing during a remodel can lead to fresh water, money in your pocket and a safe environment. Imagine if you do the remodel without improving the plumbing and later find out your new tile needs to be removed for plumbing repairs. This will surely be an added expense and your beautiful renovation will be changed.
Always think ahead when it comes to plumbing. If you are remodeling your bathroom make sure you have a licensed plumber inspect it for any issues. Contact us today for further assistance.
Since 1968, Chip Mokher & his team has provided South Florida with quality service with a commitment to our customers’ satisfaction. Our many years of experience has allowed us to serve thousands of homes and businesses in Miami-Dade County. We welcome the opportunity to serve you, please call us at 305-446-8266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org